Main goal of this app is to show how to interact with a map API.
It uses a few third party APIs just to show any of them just work out of the box:
- Google Maps since it's the most popular solution
- Bing since it works really nicely (no streetView, but performance are better on most devices)
- Nokia Here Map since it's a very good european solution
- MapBox since it's big & provides a premium plan for business
- LeafletJS since it's a the biggest open source map library out there
- ModestMap since it's the lightest solution, and easy to customize